Tuesday, May 15

roll on global warming...

One minute we're promised global warming the next it's bloody well non stop rain! I wouldn't mind but I'd dusted off the hammock and bought some charcoal for the barbie. effects of global warming on uk coastline


We live on a hill, in a town that's on a hill so once the ice caps have melted we're going to be living on an exclusive little island off the coast of Milton Keynes. I've always wanted to live by the sea and of course house prices will soar. It's a bummer for the Dutch though, they are really gonna be in trouble! That reminds me I must get some tulips planted, it could prove quite lucrative once the shortage kicks in.


I can't wait - a nice day out with the niece and nephew down to Bedford pleasure beach, a ride on the donkeys, fish and chips for lunch watching Punch and Judy finished off with all my small change going into the penny slots.


Check out this site for your predicted local weather and ecological effects. I did and things just keep getting better and better for the UK (perhaps not all the UK) - the flowers will come earlier, citrus fruit in the garden, the growing season lasts longer (told you - tulips, invest now!) all in all we (well I) come out quite well. In fact I can bury my head in the sand at the newly formed local beach and not worry about the rest of the world coming off slightly worse, what with all that disease, crop failure, pestilence and famine you would think the worlds governments would do a little more to stem the tide (pun intended) of rising water levels.

Right I'm off to the supermarket to trade all my energy saving bulbs in for good old filament types...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may be OK but those of us in North America look like we are in trouble!!