Thursday, April 3

foibles?

We all people watch and I'm as guilty as the next person...

In the local supermarket (exciting life!) I walk by a couple who are discussing whether or not to buy a multi coloured tin of kids goo, "it doesn't really teach the kids healthy eating habits' says the lady. She puts the tin back and walks on, I come across them on the next aisle, this time it's his turn 'Do you want a flapjack love?', 'ooh Yes, we can eat it on the way home' she replies.
Do as I say not as I do.

Commuting on the train into London is a front row ticket for people watching. It starts with jockeying for position on the platform, which granted if you're joining a fullish train is the only way to increase the chances of finding a seat. BUT FOR THOSE OF US CATCHING THE 7.37 OUT OF FLITWICK, we are getting on at the second stop. The train is empty, we all, always get a seat. Give it up.

Ladies, is a packed commuter train really the place to unpack your make-up box and start the slap app? I mean with all the rattle and bumps some of you end up looking like 'The Joker' GET UP 5 MINUTES EARLIER!

AND to the power nappers, You have just had a nights sleep, an extra 20 minutes won't help and seeing you all, head back, mouth open catching flies with spittle dribbling down your chin certainly does not help my start to the day. GO TO BED 20 MINUTES EARLIER!

AND I swear this is true, sat on the train a couple of months ago and the old guy opposite pops out his false eye, sticks it in his mouth (at this point I was hoping for a sudden train lurch and an involuntary swallow), sticks it in his mouth and after a couple of minutes of gobstopper action spits it into his hanky, polishes it up and pops it back into his eye socket. SO for this guy, next time, get up later, get a different train, sleep all the way, even put your make up on, just DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!



I of course am perfect...

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Huh????

You lost me at the commuting to London bit!!!!

I know it's taken me some time to escape the clutches of the aliens who kidnapped me several months ago, but last I heard you were working from home and flying kites!!!