Friday, May 11

is it just me...

...or does anyone else actually give a damn that Blair has resigned?


New Labour, Old Conservative was there that much of a difference? Did we get what was promised, do we ever get what is promised? It seams to me that regardless of manifesto our politicians make the majority of their decisions in reaction to ‘uncontrollable events’, or at least when the tish hits the fan they blame others or say we had to do that because x, y, z happened. Strangely though when something positive transpires they are quick to claim the glory, even though in reality those same external uncontrollable events are to blame.


Truth be told, I never noticed a difference when Blair came to power and I don't expect to now he is going. We all continue to play the Monopoly of life, OK the rules change along the way and some days we edge ahead, some days we fall behind but sure as damn this is down to how well we play the game not who happens to be the banker!

And even though Blair and far too many of his people landed on 'Go Directly to jail' somehow they all managed to have 'Get out of Jail, Free' cards in their deck. Time will tell of course but I suspect many of our elected leaders will have houses and hotels on all the choicest properties!

Yesterday Blair said "Hand on heart, I did what I thought was right."


But for who Mister Prime Minister, right for who?


Look, now I'm sounding like I give a damn and it's my turn to roll the dice, do you think they could be loaded?

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Cuttsy, I have such a lack of understanding when it comes to politics, that I'd probably fall into the "don't give a damn" column by default, rather than not actually giving a damn! It just all seems sooooooo complicated to me!!!!

I haven't looked at your travel blog yet, mainly because I know I will be COMPLETELY jealous of your holiday - hope you had a great time, though!

Good to see you back!
x