Sunday, May 20

full of it...

Tired, tired, tired, I think it's because of the man flu induced broken sleep but according to Einstein I should be full of energy. Don't get me wrong he hasn't rung me, I don't actually know him or anything!


It's just that he famously said E=MC2 & if I do the maths I should be full of beans, let me explain...

[E] Energy equals [M] Mass (for the sake of an easy explanation I'll use weight, not the same but similar enough especially where gravity is involved) multiplied by [C] the speed of light, squared (for the mathematically challenged, that's multiplying it by itself).


With me so far, yes/no? OK let's break this down a little more...

The speed of light is a big number, a very very big number and if you multiply a very very big number by a very very big number you get an enormously huge number! (in old money: 34,700,983,524) AND THEN multiply this by my mass/weight you get an even bigger number, in fact an enormously huge number!!

So according to Einstein the (E)nergy in my body is equal to a VERY BIG enormously huge number! In fact if I stub my toe & inadvertently split the atoms in it, I could go off with a hell of a bang (a goodbye planet earth sized bang).


So I ask myself why is it I am so knackered?

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Well I'm tired out just trying to work out that equation, and I haven't even got man flu!!!

Oh, but then I am a female from Essex, so what do you expect???

Not know for our brains in these neck of the woods!

Ruthie said...

Bah, I knew this would happen!

Curiosity got the better of me and I just checked out your travel blog!

Now I am jealous.....!
x