Monday, September 10

High as a Kite

I've bought a kite. It's 2 meters across, is a mini version of those you see dragging boarders up & down the south coast and is bright pink. I figured once the wind gets up it'll give me a good upper body workout and be a damnsite more fun than the gym.

This weekend was its inaugural flight, much fun was had learning to crash it, launch it, crash it again then control it. By Sunday I've got the hang of it.

AND added entertainment with the dogs being walked in the park. They either love it, hide from it or when it's on the ground pee on it (buggers!). I entertained a collie sheepdog for half an hour as it charged back & forth herding the kite, regularly swooping the kite low enough to have it barking & leaping in the air. I was wondering whose dog it was until I landed the kite & the dog trotted over to 2 little old ladies who promptly thanked me for exercising their dog and wandered off.

All in all, good fun & with the wind forecast good for a couple of days I'll be off to the park for a spot of combined flying & erm, dogging.

high as a kite: Travis

No comments: