Tuesday, July 24

in the air tonight

Once again I have succumbed to the dreaded man flu, with all the cycling I'm as fit as I have been in years and it's not like I'm having long hard days at work, the only consolation is that the weather is so awful being stuck in is not so bad!

I know I'm not going to win any sympathy here but I suspect that numerous flights home from hot countries on planes full of germ ridden tourist types to a wet and rainy country *may have something to do with it. In fact I believe it may have a lot to do with it, so I need a plan for the next trip...

Now a full environment protection suit may not be practical on a plane but I figure if I nip up the army surplus store and get myself a gas mask that should do the trick, whilst there I am also going to get the odd vial or two of biological germ warfare stuff (I’m sure they have loads spare now Saddam is out of the picture).

So on the next flight at the first sign of anyone with the sniffles or god forbid a full blown chesty cough on with the gas mask and out with the germ warfare - after all the best from of defense is attack!

In The Air Tonight, Phil Collins

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm, I've just read that back and I think I have just plotted the next terrorist attack! Back to the drawing board me thinks.

Anonymous said...

I was on a flight back from the states a couple of years ago, and someone on there was wearing one of those disposable dust masks that builders and couriers use. I'm not sure if it was to prevent inhalation of germs or if it was just a raver from the late 80s